Thursday, September 22, 2011

London and Paris

About 8 months ago I studied Art History abroad in London and Paris.  It was one of the best experiences. I've learned so much about so many different artists and can't believe all the wonderful art I've been able to see in person.

One of my favorite art museums I've ever been to was the Tate Modern.  Because I'm so drawn to modern art, this museum had many things I could look at all day.  Everything from paper sculptures, to Andy Warhol, I am determined to go back.

In Paris, I actually stood in line for an hour to get tickets to a Piet Mondrian showing.  There were so many rooms filled with his paintings.  It was like walking into his brain and seeing the way he brainstormed every single art piece.  His line paintings may seem so simple, but each one is mathematically planned.  I could see the calculations on some of his unfinished pieces.

It's so interesting being able to learn about other artists and how they created work.  It's even more amazing being able to learn about specific pieces and then being able to see them in person.  This year I'm going back to London, and can't wait to experience even more that it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment